Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bits and Bobs

I'm currently under threat to write a blog post or else.

I don't know what the or else is. Probably Mark will hide the ice cream, which frankly seems inhumane.

Zachary is barreling towards Kindergarten. He starts school in just under a month, which is completely mind boggling. But as I watch him it is clear he is incredibly ready. He's reading a smidgen, and writing (backwards) a lot. But he's also totally grown into his body, which is awesome. Swim lessons are hysterical. He might try the swim test tomorrow (which I think means he could be in the pool without getting yelled at? It is so hard to know...) but he's starting to get the hang of breathing, rather than gasping.

In other news, he is also exploiting language to the max. It is pretty fun to watch. He correctly segued in the middle of a conversation Monday. Especially funny because he was TOTALLY rude about wanting a snack. I called him on it, and we talked about other ways to handle it. And then he goes "Talking of rude, (my friend) did XX today in class."

Well, there you go. I guess he's paying attention some of the time.


No comments: