Saturday, March 19, 2016

Househunting - The departure

I left home at 4am to head to Seattle to try and find a house.

Well, I tried to leave. I got up at 3:30am to take a shower. Miriam, who currently is barely succumbing to sleep on the best of days got out of bed and leaned on the bathroom door moaning "MOMMY". I eventually rescued her from despair. Then we embarked on an endless game of "What does the baby need?" that involved changing a diaper, being naked, needing different pajamas, needing a yougurt stick, needing to be in mommy & daddy's bed, and needing wheetabix (cereal) WITH milk AND sugar in the RED bowl with the matching spoon.

Eventually she just blockaded the front door and said "I GO AIRPORT" quite forcefully. I told her to learn to count to five, because that's how many days it would be until she went to the airport, and then the taxi came.

Good luck, Mark. I suspect you will need it ;>

(Update: We have not yet bought a house.)

No comments: