Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Skills

So Zachary and I went swimming in the Hudson river on Saturday, we played in the sand we swam, we watched the naughty jet skiers get told off by the NY police boat for getting to close to the swimmers. But I also cut my foot swimming (it's fine, no worries) to close to the rocks rescuing a tennis ball so that Z and I could dry off a little on the grass while playing baseball.

This is the first of his mad new skills. I purchased a wiffle bat and ball for a whole shiny dollar a week or so ago. We've played a bunch since. I quickly realized that the whole throwing and batting in 3D was a little hard, so we moved to kneeing and rolling, and in two days his vector mapping improved from a 8% to at least 80% batting average. He watches the ball rolling toward him and just swings that bat along the ground and boom, another home run.

Ok so back to the whole cut foot thing, and I decided on Monday that rather than struggle with him, stroller and a cane (I was just trying to keep the weight off it for a day or two). I'd let him ride his bike. He's done so every day this week, to and from Daycare and often to the park to ride in circles before dinner. He even gets fast enough now that the training wheels pop up now and again. Today as I rounded the corner to the long corridor, I saw him disappear at the other end toward the elevators. He can also figure eight around various set of pillars we've come across on our bike excursions.

A video is bound to follow eventually.

No comments: