Sunday, September 16, 2012

That's why I was being a jerk!

Zachary has been a little meshugah. He burst into tears in the car going to violin. At violin. He burst into tears when he took apart some of his legos. He clung to me in a weird crazy way.  I figured it was because I was an awful mother. Because I'm about to start travel shenanigans again. Because I've been working a lot.

Oh hey. Maybe it isn't all about me? I was about to go do an errand and Z started complaining and I said, in my least good parent flippant way "I am just about ready to give you COUGH SYRUP." And then I paused. And then I said, Zachary, do you have a fever?

Commence thermometering.

Fever confirmed. Tylenol dispensed.

After five years? Still a little slow out of the gate.

And his response, once I've taken his temperature. "That's why I was being a jerk!"

Me too, kiddo. Me too.

No comments: